I decided to use the Kitchen Aid for the third batch. I used the dough hook only and scraped the bowl a lot to make sure it all got mixed. Then I let it rise in the bowl overnight. The dough was a little bit stiffer, but still very wet. These photos are after it rose.
The dough still seems pretty wet to me. I had to carefully get it into the pan because it wanted to slip away.
Here it is! It has that “eruption” that you sometimes see in artisan breads. Very interesting. I am not sure what caused the eruption. The ends are still not much taller than the previous loaves where I split the batch between two pans. The middle, however, is much taller. I was aiming for a sandwich bread to substitute for store-bought. Tonight I will make the dough for my fourth batch.