We still have a pile of sheet-rock on the living room floor…more than we need, actually. It seems that we have been thriftier than contractors typically are and that is after already returning some sheets! There isn’t much left to do…two walls in one bedroom and above one door in the kitchen. Some of the other places we are either waiting on or not going to do.
We have four our of six inner doors up now. (Thank you, Mark!) The house being out of square really effected the layout of the walls and, therefore, the way the doors are put in. In order to put our master bedroom door in, Dave had to nudge the wall over. Unfortunately, the other end of the wall pivoted around the center…pulling the wall away from the shower pan. We already were struggling with trying to find the source of some leaks…which we think we nailed…and then this. So, today, Dave took the drain apart (which is not straight lined up, either) and caulked it again along with the edges of the shower pan. No showers for tomorrow morning!
I also got the deadbolt in the front door. I had to chisel some of wood out, but I got it in! I have not chiseled yet for the door knob, so we are still using a bedroom doorknob on it. All things in their time!
Our kitty keeps throwing up every once in a while. We are not sure why, but we are deworming all of them just to make sure it isn’t that. A vet had told the woman at the Animal Shelter that worms could do that, although we have not seen any of the typical symptoms or signs of worms. She started while she was pregnant. We thought she was getting better. Then she started again. It did not help that she threw up a noodle from a bowl Elias left on the floor. Not too smart, son!
We are trying to separate her from the kittens so she will stop nursing them. She needs to put all her energy to regaining the weight she has lost. We cannot afford a vet, so we are just praying she is OK. We are also praying to little Blackie who has an eye that does not look good. It is hard to tell if it is getting better or not. If he has not improved by Tuesday, we will go to the Animal Shelter one day this coming week to see if we can get some antibiotic for him. They are pretty good about donating some…bless them!
I brought up the foil window covers from the RV. We are using them to block most of the sunlight coming through the living room windows on the sunny side. It appears they are working. The next three days are supposed to be in the 90’s. Yikes! We still do not have the attic insulated. They guys keep trying to get to the things that need to be done before that can be done, but other things keep cropping up. All will happen in due time. We are still so much better off in this unfinished house than we would be in the RV! Thank You, Abba!
Oh…did I share that the freezer is here? It is a small one…just right for us to start with. It is very old and so we will be needing to replace it eventually with a more energy-efficient one, but it is perfect for us for now! Woohoo!
I would put up photos, but I am borrowing Dave’s laptop. Mine is on its way back to the tech support depot. I am SO thankful for D (a tech whose direct number I have). He helped me before when no one else could, so I called him directly and he told me to send it to a particular tech he trusts (referring to him in the paperwork) since he will be in and out on business trips. He is pretty sure he knows what is going on and says it is a very simple, easy fix. He thinks it is my keyboard. This is after talking to four other techs, several reformats and a replaced hard drive…none of which I probably even needed! Bless D, Abba. This man is a real treasure! Next time, I will just call him second…or maybe even first.
I pray that you are all finding rest for your souls on this Shabbat.